Buildings and Contents Insurance

Building and contents insurance covers damage to your property and the fixtures and fittings of your home. As part of the mortgage offer condition you must have buildings insurance in place on the exchange of contracts. Buying a house is probably the biggest financial expense you will have, therefore it is imperative to have cover in place that will suit your individual circumstances.

It is important to arrange building and contents insurance so that you are covered against fire, theft or flood. The price of the premiums will depend on the size of the house and also the amount of content you are looking to cover. You may also cover individual items that are valuable to you. We will discuss your individual needs and requirements once you find a property.

Ignite Financial Services Limited is registered in England and Wales, company registration number 6910151. The registered address The White House, Mill Road, Goring on Thames, Reading, Berks RG8 9DD. Ignite Financial Services Limited is an appointed representative of PRIMIS Mortgage Network. PRIMIS Mortgage Network is a trading name of First Complete Ltd which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for mortgages, protection insurance and general insurance products. The Financial Conduct Authority does not regulate some forms of Buy to Let.

The guidance and/or advice contained within this website is subject to the UK regulatory regime and is therefore primarily targeted at consumers based in the UK.

We will not charge you a fee for our services relating to insurance but we will receive commission from the product provider. The commission will be calculated as a proportion of the premiums paid for the insurance product.